How do I set up my new email on my computer?
17 Apr 2007 05:12 PM
General Configuration Steps:
1. Start your email program.
2. Find the Options/Accounts menu where you can input a new account. Look for key words such as your incoming/POP3 Server or outgoing/SMTP Server.
3. Go through the steps to add a new account to your email program, so that whenever you check mail using this email program it will check your new POP3 email account.
4. When you are asked to enter specific information regarding your new account, use the following as a reference:
· Your Name: Enter your name as you'd like it to appear in the "From" field on your emails.
· In the "reply to" area of your Email client, you must list your new address in the "Reply to" box in order to get Authentication from the SMTP servers. (
· User name/Account Name/Subdomain/Alias: Enter the whole email address (
· Email address: Enter your new email address .
· Incoming/POP3 Server name: mail.Your-Domain-Name.com
· Outgoing/SMTP Server name: mail.Your-Domain-Name.com
· Password: Enter your new account password.
. Make sure that "My server requires authentication" under "Outgoing Server" is selected.
5. If you are unsure about what to enter in a specific field within your email program, please go to our online helpdesk at
. Please include your email, program name, your domain name, and the areas that you are unsure about so that we can help you solve the problem.